Thursday, November 29, 2012

Where is He?

How far away is God for you? Is he right next to your side every step of the way? Or have you placed him in some far distant place you can't ever reach? For so long I felt like God never bothered to show up in my life. I now know that is because I chose to place him far away and run the other direction. It was all on me. God didn't remove himself from my life so he could take a break and watch me struggle from afar. I made the decision, and lacked the desire to keep God close and establish a more intimate relationship with him.
From the very beginning WE are the ones who flee. Not God. In Genesis 3:8 Adam and Eve hid themselves from the Lord. It was their decision to hide. So, we cannot say "God isn't here" or "he didn't show up", reality is, He is with us every day through everything. We have just placed him so far away that we can't feel his presence or experience his power. So many things can keep us from experiencing that divine power. I know personally that I am selfish and allow my pride to get in the way. I decide that I am plenty strong to handle  something on my own and push God out of the way. When I fail, which I always do in that instance, I blame God and become angry at him for "not being there", which is selfish. I want more than anything to have a more real and intimate relationship with the Lord. But it is all on us. Like I have mentioned before Christianity is a point not a process. Each day requires discipline to have a quite time and sit and meditate in God's presence. Prayer is another way to build that relationship. The more we pray the more chances you give God to respond. God LOVES to hear our voice. I am currently trying to spend more time in prayer. It is amazing what I learn from being in solitude and taking the time to feel God's presence and watch him work in my life. My goal is going to detach myself from all things that distract me, and attach myself to Godly thoughts, concepts, and lessons. Through this discipline I hope to become even closer and grow even more in my relationship with God, so that I can begin to experience his power in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment